- To consistently provide superior quality and designs in furniture and interiors to the dynamic customer of today.
- To continue our legacy as pioneers in furniture industry who set new standards in quality and service.
- To regain our position as a leader in providing furniture and interior solutions.
Who We Are
A trusted name for over 70 years, Kamdar has been providing quality furniture and interior solutions to its clients across India, Europe and the Middle East. Many of our past clients, who swear by our quality and design standards, continue to use and pass our creations to their new generations. Our client list spans 7 decades and includes notable names such as the Birlas, the Mafatlals, The Taj Mahal Hotel, The Times of India, Royal Houses of Baroda, Gwalior, Hyderabad and Jaipur and many more.
Over the years, the company has evolved to become specialists in making and sourcing contemporary as well as timeless furniture pieces and has recently developed its own line of ‘custom’ modular kitchens. Today, the activities of Kamdar include
- Providing elegant and high quality home furniture.
- Planning and building elegant kitchens.
- Developing and executing complete interior solutions.
The early thirties were a period of great political ferment in India. But the inhospitable business climate did not deter an enterprising young civil engineer of the Indian Service of Engineers to relinquish his post and start a small new business of his own. He called it, after the family name, ‘Kamdar Karyalaya’.
The business focused its attention to furniture making. With the completion of its first two important contracts, for Shri Rameshwardas Birla and the Taj Mahal Hotel, Mumbai, the business began to gain a firm foothold. By 1934, the concern was firmly established.
Our Work Team
ManagementDecades of experience in high end furniture making allows our management to plan and build the best kitchens and furniture that money can buy
DesignOur central design team assist with all planning and design across the verticals of kitchens, furniture and interiors
SalesOur sales team includes store personnel to assist visiting customers and field executives to assist architects, designers and builders